Here are Congressman Ross's opening statements.
If the video does not play, try here.
|Congressman Dennis Ross addressing attendees|
|Lutz attendees readying their questions|
- Addressing immigration in a incremental fashion, addressing border security first
- Linking e-verify with a guest worker program. No e-verify without the guest worker program
- Tightening up the NSA surveillance
- Tax reform, where he co-sponsored the FairTax, and spoke of a possible consumption tax
- Support for the farm bill, with its massive food stamps subsidies. He was for splitting the farm subsidies separate from the food stamps, but House leadership would not agree to the split
- Return student loans to the competitive marketplace rather than remain under federal government control
UPDATE: Some information on the Brandon meeting, which apparently had a 50-50 split on the Senate immigration bill, is here.