|Rail Tax is Part of County's "Equity" Transformation|
Three-quarters (75%) of the residents in Hillsborough County wouldn’t use mass transit to commute to work even if it were conveniently availableOnly 15% would consider using transit89% of those interviewed want their roads fixed first96% of those who reject transit either see no need, already have transportation or believe transit is inconvenient.
To these commissioners and the bureaucrats - they do NOT Spend your tax dollars, they are "Investing" your tax dollars - on an agenda they want.
At the end of the Equity Workshop Presentation at about 30:35 in the video, the Presenter's closing remarks include:
We're always thinking about what is good for all but we didn't get here because of policies that were good for all.The recommendations and services that are outlined are designed for "race conscious solutions."We cannot create "race conscious solutions" without talking about race.The topic of race will be central in some of the efforts as we move forward.
The bill specifies that subjecting any individual, as a condition of employment, membership, certification, licensing, credentialing, or passing an examination, to training, instruction, or any other required activity; or subjecting any K-20 public education student or employee to training or instruction, that espouses, promotes, advances, inculcates, or compels such individual to believe the following concepts constitutes an unlawful employment practice or unlawful discrimination:
- Members of one race, color, national origin, or sex are morally superior to members of another race, color, national origin, or sex.
- A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, national origin, or sex is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously.
- A person's moral character or status as either privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by his or her race, color, national origin, or sex.
- Members of one race, color, national origin, or sex cannot and should not attempt to treat others without respect to race, color, national origin, or sex.
- A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, national origin, or sex bears responsibility for, or should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment because of, actions committed in the past by other members of the same race, color, national origin, or sex.
- A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, national origin, or sex should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment to achieve diversity, equity, or inclusion.
- A person, by virtue of his or her race, color, sex, or national origin, bears personal responsibility for and must feel guilt, anguish, or other forms of psychological distress because of actions, in which the person played no part, committed in the past by other members of the same race, color, national origin, or sex.
- Such virtues as merit, excellence, hard work, fairness, neutrality, objectivity, and racial colorblindness are racist or sexist, or were created by members of a particular race, color, national origin, or sex to oppress members of another race, color, national origin, or sex.
However, training or instruction may include a discussion of such concepts if they are presented in an objective manner without endorsement.
Over half of the $18 BILLION rail tax will be spent in the city of Tampa where 1/3 the population of Hillsborough residesThe rail boondoggles the monster tax hike funds are in the city of TampaThe rail boondoggles will be paid for by taxpayers in unincorporated Hillsborough45% (about $8 BILLION) of the rail tax is dedicated to transit and must go to transit agency HART who has a ridership of about 2%ZERO dollars of the rail tax is dedicated to fund much needed new vehicle road capacity in unincorporated Hillsborough where 2/3 of the population resides.
The Tampa Centric 5 Democrat commissioners (Overman, Smith, Cohen, Myers and Kemp) want to tear down I-275 north of Hillsborough Avenue. I-275 is a strategic transportation asset in Florida and is a critical evacuation route for Tampa Bay. Such absurd action will really "limit access" for the 200K people who use the interstate everyday.